Pineapple Fried Rice or Kao Pad Sapparod
- 2-3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup of each: dry roasted cashew, fresh pineapple chunks, pan-fried tofu, broccoli stems
- 1 small carrot - diced
- 1 small onion - sliced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon sliced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)
- oil, salt to taste, thai basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons homemade vegan 'fish' sauce, nước mắm chay
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce/liquid amino
Sauté onion in a heated non-stick pan with oil until translucent, then add garlic, carrot, and cook until carrot is a bit tender (or keep the crunch if you prefer).
Add in the broccoli stems, tofu, rice, curry powder, jalapenõ, and sauce. Stir-fry to combine until all rice are well coated with sauce.
Finally, fold in the cashews, pineapple, more jalapenõs, and season to preference. A super easy and quick meal for any meal of the day. You can add other green veggies as well. Serve warm with some Thai basil.
If you are using store-bought vegan 'fish' sauce, please adjust the saltiness accordingly