- 3 large organic red capsicums, de-seeded & halved
- 1/2 cup green onion tips, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 8 medium organic plum/roma tomatoes (approx 500g)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (use homemade to avoid added onion/garlic powders)
- 3 tbsp plain organic tomato puree (ensure to read the ingredients list to avoid added onion &/or garlic powders)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp paprika flakes (optional if you can tolerate spicy foods)
- Himalayan sea salt & fresh black pepper
- Optional: fresh basil leaves & nutritional yeast flakes to garnish
Pre heat an oven to 180°.
Place the capsicum & tomatoes (cut side down) into a paper-lined baking tray.
Bake for 30 mins or until the vegetables are roasted & tender.
While they roast, melt the coconut oil in a large pan over a medium heat and sauté the spring onion tips & celery for 4-5 mins.
Add the stock, tomato paste and optional paprika flakes, and stir well.
Remove from the heat.
Remove the roasted tomatoes & capsicums from the oven, roughly chop & add them to the pan (including all the juices)
Turn the pan on to a low to medium heat & blend with a stick blender
Alternatively, you can turn the heat off and transfer the soup contents to a heat-proof high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and drizzle with a little coconut cream if desired.
You can also spruce it up by garnishing with some fresh basil leaves & nutritional yeast flakes if well tolerated.