Summer Noodle Salad
- 3 tbsp. ACV
- 1-2 tbsp. Caster sugar or maple syrup
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 5cm ginger, peeled and julienned
- 150g flat rice noodles
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1 large cucumber, skin on, halved, sliced into long thin strips
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and julienned
- 15g mint leaves
- 15g coriander
- Sesame seeds & dried chili flakes to sprinkle
- 1 tsp. Salt
In a jar, shake the sweetener & vinegar until well mixed.
Place the sliced onion & ginger in a bowl & pour over the cider mix. Leave aside for 30 minutes, massaging occasionally.
Boil water, place noodles in large bowl & cover with boiled water. Set aside for 20 minutes until soft, drain well, set aside to cool & mix through 1 tbsp. Olive oil.
Once cooled add all the remaining ingredients including the pickled veg & juice & mix well with clean hands.
Top with chili, sesame & any cooked meat if desired. We topped with Sunday nights rotisserie cooked chicken.