Summer Orzo Salad
- 1 (450g) block extra firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 1 cup fire-roasted corn
- 1 zucchini, sliced and grilled
- 1/2 onion, sliced and grilled
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (from one lemon)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo (or quinoa)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a container, combine the extra virgin olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and dried herbs.
Cube the pressed and drained tofu into bite-sized pieces and add them to the container. Seal the container and shake it well to fully coat the tofu. Set aside.
Cook the orzo according to the package instructions, then drain and add it to a large mixing bowl.
Add the fire-roasted corn, grilled zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and marinated tofu to the mixing bowl with the orzo.
Sprinkle nutritional yeast over the mixture.
Toss everything together to combine.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You can enjoy the salad immediately after assembling, but it's especially good if you let it marinate for an hour before serving.