Vegan Elote Style Flatbread
- 2 cups Fire Roasted Corn (fresh grilled or frozen)
- 4 thin slices Red Onion (cut in half)
- 7 oz (200 g) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Tajin seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
- Lime wedges to serve
- 3 cups of Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp of Salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup warm Water
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles (for vegan cotija cheese substitute)
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Parmesan Grated
- 1/3 cup Original Vegenaise
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- Juice from 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Preheat the oven to 475°F (245°C).
In a bowl, mix together the fire roasted corn, red onion slices, dairy-free mozzarella, olive oil, Tajin seasoning, ancho chili powder, and chopped cilantro.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, olive oil, and warm water. Mix until a dough forms.
Divide the dough into two equal portions and roll each portion into a 12" flatbread shape.
Transfer the flatbreads onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
While the flatbreads are baking, prepare the vegan cotija cheese substitute by mixing together the dairy-free feta crumbles and dairy-free parmesan grated.
In another bowl, mix together the Original Vegenaise, dairy-free sour cream, lime juice, and salt to create the creamy sauce.
Once the flatbreads are baked, remove them from the oven and spread the creamy sauce evenly over each flatbread.
Top the flatbreads with the corn and cheese mixture, spreading it evenly.
Return the flatbreads to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Remove the flatbreads from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.
Serve the vegan elote style flatbread with lime wedges on the side.