Lemon Chicken Soup
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- 4 packets chicken instant bone broth mix
- 5 cups water
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2-3 stalks celery (diced finely)
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 large lemons (or 3 small)
- salt/pepper to taste
In a dutch oven or large pot, add 1 tbsp oil and onions. Sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, then add in garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
Add in bone broth/water mixture and bay leaf, bring to a boil. Add chicken, cover and simmer for ~20 minutes (or until chicken internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F)
Remove bay leaf, shred chicken and add it back in along with cauliflower rice, parsley, salt and pepper and lemon juice. Cook covered for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve & enjoy!