Summer Orzo Salad with Grilled Vegetables
- 1 (450g) block extra firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 1 cup fire roasted corn
- 1 zucchini, sliced and grilled
- 1/2 onion, sliced and grilled
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (one lemon)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo (or try quinoa)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a container, add olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, and dry herbs.
Cube the tofu into bite-sized pieces and add them to the container. Seal the container and shake well to fully coat the tofu. Set aside.
Cook the orzo according to the package instructions, then drain and add it to a large mixing bowl.
Add the fire roasted corn, grilled zucchini, halved cherry tomatoes to the mixing bowl with orzo.
Top the mixture with the marinated tofu and sprinkle nutritional yeast over the top.
Toss everything together to combine.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You can eat the salad immediately after assembling, but it's recommended to let it marinate for an hour before serving for enhanced flavors.