Soft and Crispy Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 55g slightly soft butter (vegan block)
- 40g coconut sugar
- 45g soft light brown sugar
- 110g gluten-free plain or plain flour (50/50 split of teff flour and gluten-free plain flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml aquafaba or @loveoggs (whisked until peaks appear)
- 80g large dark chocolate pieces (70% or 85%)
Preheat the oven to 160°C fan and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Whisk the aquafaba or @loveoggs until peaks appear, using a food mixer with the whisk attachment.
In a larger mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until combined.
Add the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum powder (if using), and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
Fold in the whisked aquafaba until everything is combined.
Add the dark chocolate pieces and mix them into the cookie dough.
Use a tablespoon-sized scoop to portion out the dough onto the lined baking tray, spacing them evenly.
Place the tray on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 13 minutes or until lightly golden.
Once baked, store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.